Wednesday 15 May 2013

London Haby Adventures Day 2

Set out on another Haberdashery adventure today. I just have a few days in London this trip, and before coming down I googled around for some yarn and haberdashery stores as destinations to check out. It's been really good, besides seeing all sorts of goodies in the stores, each has taken me down London streets I haven't been too before and led to other stores, restaurant and coffee shop discoveries along the way.

First stop today was MacCulloch & Wallis, in Dering Street (across Oxford Street from House of Fraser). Love the traditional frontage, the tiles, the scissors, the hanging baskets - all so neat and well packaged. The inside, not so much. Three floors of madness,the top two of which you can hardly move through due to so much stock everywhere! It's not really a shop for a general browse, but having been there, I'm sure if there was any trim, fixture or equipment you needed, they'd have it. The staff seem very knowledgable too. Great idea with their fabric rolls on the ground floor, they have a strip of every material on a clip hanger on racks (as in hanging like clothes), each has all the details attached, and you are welcome to cut yourself a sample (of a specified size and number). Having looked on their website though, I think for trimmings it's much easier to see online!


loving those scissors, right handed though, always the way
Gorgeous packaging of VV Rouleaux through John Lewis

Next stop was VV Rouleaux in Marylebone Lane. I had passed this store once before but this was my first visit. I don't have a picture of their lovely store front as it was pouring rain at this stage. Before arriving I had an image in mind of the perfect ribbons I was going to find to use for some crochet garlands I am working on - alas, nothing from my imagination was there, but I still managed to buy a pile of ribbons! 

This image is from the back of a drawing text book, I think she looks great with the ribbons
The rolls of tape in the image above were from Paperchase, I made a visit to their flagship store, three floors of Stationery, oh mumma. It was probably a good thing that I only had 20 minutes to spend in there before I had to leave to meet a friend. I did manage to grab what I went for though, Washi tapes, especially the tape measure design, and the roll of fabric tape. Also grabbed various notebooks - all ingredients towards my home made Midori, which I'll post about another time



Three floors of stationery, drool
At this point it was pouring rain (where has spring gone) and I had to race off to meet a friend. We headed to the Coronet Cinema in Notting Hill Gate, a sweet tiny old cinema with fold down velvet seats. A whole £3.50 to see StarTrek Into Darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment