Friday 31 May 2013

Beanies for teanies

Whipped up some quick beanies for Great Niece and Nephew back home in Australia. I used Drops Big Merino, which I purchased specifically for this on my last Stockholm trip. This yarn is sooooo lovely and soft, hard to believe it's 100% merino. The pattern is from Drops, available here, with a few modifications to reduce the size. It's a great pattern, knits up really quickly, I managed to make my way through with a 40cm circular, changing to two circulars when the reduced number of stitches were too tight. Each hat didn't take much more than an hour once all the swatching and pattern searching hours were over!

I used The Royal Sisters pattern for, Chunky Granny Flower, with a few modifications to make a flower brooch to attach to the brown hat to girlie it up. If the hat survives until Gemma grows out of it, my thinking was the brooch can be removed and the hat can be handed down to her younger brother. Of course makes it easier to remove it for washing, or can be attached to the pink beanie too.

Removable flower to girlie it up

No comments:

Post a Comment