Sunday 12 May 2013

Craft and football, not usually seen together


As Aussies living in the UK, we jumped at the opportunity to attend the FA Cup when an English friend kindly extended an invite. It was made all the more exciting by the fact that we were attending with long committed Wigan fans, to see their 80 year old club at their first FA Cup Final, and then against the odds, they won. I can honestly say I have never seen such an enormous group of people so excited, and I've never received so many crushing bear hugs from strangers, giant strapping strangers with tears in their eyes even.

At the end of the game, as they assembled for the presentation on field, I was taking a few shots of the stands. Still pumping with blue and white, and absolutely devoid of every single Manchester city supporter, and then I spotted these ladies.


Crochet madness at it's best, don't you think? I'm honestly not sure if they are mad or extremely brave, I'm not sure I would have ridden the tube in that!


True devotion though, to both their craft and their team, kudos Ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you ask them for the pattern? You'd look FAB in an outfit like that!!! ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete