Friday 17 January 2014

December - when sanity had left the building

So I mentioned that just a couple of weeks out from Christmas I broke all promises and started knitting myself into a frenzy creating Christmas gifts.

Here's the results;
Jester Snood - Rowan pattern, in Rowan Alpaca Chunky

Alpaca chunky mittens from the left overs, super stretchy (not a great photo, no daylight!)
'Fluff' in Rowan Kidsilk Haze stripe
'I so love my big snood' by Miss Bimbamboum, in Rowan Tumble 
Rowan Kidsilk haze, Rose Brooch - my own pattern
Rowan Cocoon hat - own pattern based on Buccaneer/Nuzzle by Rowan
Wurm in Rowan Pure Wool DK - I knit three hats for this recipient before getting the 'right' one
Oh and the mittens - they're still coming. Honest. Washed and drying, then I just need to sew the liner in. Photo's to come.

That my friends, is what Christmas crazy looks like for a knitter - two weeks of needle madness!

I should have taken a photo of the couple of yarn hauls I made in this time too, but I was too busy trying to stash them away in denial. I think I'm going to have to have a serious stocktake again soon though, and buy a bigger storage bag (or really crack on with using the stash!). In an effort to keep this knitting momentum going I've been signing up to KnitALongs with Ravelry groups (mostly VeryBusyMonkey and Knitabulls). So far this seems to have resulted in a whole lot of casting on of multiple projects, but hopefully with deadlines to work to, it will result in some casting off too. The lure of possibly winning American artisan yarns or project bags is enough to keep me committed.

Keep knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment