Tuesday 28 January 2014

Cross stitch along - January

I've joined the 'CAL' - cross stitch along, in the 'knitabulls' group on Ravelry. The design is 'Once Upon a Time' sampler by Frosted Pumpkin. The pattern is released in twelve instalments (by email) throughout the year, which I think should work well to get through it, having an achievable amount each month, rather than becoming bored or overwhelmed with it. At least that's how I'm feeling about it after month one!

I've decided to make a couple of mods, I think the January text needs to be darker (my linen is not the same colour as the recommended so that's on me), and I'm not keen on the magenta/purple in the borders. I am going to wait until further months are complete though to choose a replacement colour, I'm thinking something with a bit of metalic in it might look good and complete the look?
Now, back to knitting, I've got socks, a cowl, and two shawls to finish for knitalongs by the end of February!



No comments:

Post a Comment