Friday 4 January 2013

Trying to catch up!

Well the small intended break got away from me, but lets hope thanks to some new technology and cold wet weather that creative happenings can get underway.

I did get some knitting done for Christmas gifts, only one of which I actually got around to taking a photo. One gift was a men's cowl, most of which was knitted in the hour and half drive to our Christmas get together, and having arrived early I managed to finish it in the car park in the extra 25mins! There were also a pair of fingerless mittens, knitted in Rowan Kidsilk Haze months ago, but stitched together enroute to lunch! After last years panic knitting in the week upto Christmas I was going to be so organised this year, but, well there's always next year!

The excellent quick one, completed in an hour, was this scarf - knitted in Rowan Kidsilk Creative. I have looked at these type of yarns many times and never been convinced they were for people who could actually knit, but being able to produce a reasonable gift in an hour is pretty convincing. I still no honestly don't know if I like it or not, but thousands of people have knitted them according to Ravelry- so I'm just hoping my sister-in-law does like it.

 

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and best wishes for a creative New Year

 

No comments:

Post a Comment