Tuesday 13 November 2012

Elmo Mural

Well I don't want to make a habit of this, and it's not what I started the blog for, but today I thought I would post some older art work. Life and travel has sort of got in the way at the moment of doing anything arty, there has still been a little knitting happening, but I'll update that in the next post.

A few years back I painted an Elmo mural for my nieces new baby's room - I was a bit worried having never done a mural before, but really enjoyed the process, and was happy with the end result. Elmo was my niece's choice, as she is a big Elmo fan - we figured the baby had no choice!

Unfortunately they had to move from that house, I wonder if the new owners kept Elmo?
 

proposal sketches
 
outlining
 
coming together
 
finished 'dance' and 'dream'
 
sweet dreams

someone to chat with during changes

peep eye

someone to read with
 
close ups (sorry bad flash reflection)
 




 
I would love to do another mural one day - have lots of ideas of stylish ones for my house back home, just as soon as we stop the plaster falling off the walls!
Keep creating!


2 comments:

  1. You're so clever!!! I especially love the one hiding under the cot! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were really beautiful in real life and I hope the new owners have left Elmo

    ReplyDelete