Thursday 13 September 2012

Windy Sketching

I started day two in Harrogate at Bettys Cafe - with a delicious Early Grey and luscious raspberry filled macaroon. It's one of those 'must do' things if you visit Harrogate, at least that's what Ade Edmondson told me when I watched 'Ade in Britain'. Go early though to avoid the queue!

 
(photos from Bettys website, but my macaroon looked every bit this good)
 
Then I had a bit of a wander, admiring the lovely Regency and Victorian buildings. I noticed the Victoria Shopping Centre building, with interesting statues around the top. It was a very windy day, and I had foolishly chosen to wear a dress, so sketches were quick, on foot, and interrupted by holding my dress down. Just got a few sketches down before the wind won and I headed to The Fat Badger pub for lunch!



 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    We're going to Harrogate for new year's & Bettys is top of my 'to do' list! :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete