Friday 7 September 2012

Quick Cath Kidston Moleskine Decoration

Just a quick craft up today. I went shopping at Cath Kidston for a friends birthday present, mentally adding lots to my Christmas wish list, and they put their latest catalogue in the bag with her goodies. After drooling over the catalogue I tore out the pages which were a full page image of her fabulous prints - noticing they were just the right size to cover the new pack of Moleskin Cahier Journals I bought.

tore the page out of the catalogue
 
cut a section to clear the spine - just like covering old schoolbooks

tuck the cut for the spine inside before folding and taping the rest of the edges down

these books have a flap style pocket in the back, worked out just tucking the paper in there allowed me to keep the pocket

tada - three plain craft covers transferred into three spiffy Cath Kidston covers for no expense beyond a bit of sticky tape and five minutes of my time.
 
I feel compelled to tell you what I use these books for. I always carry one in my bag, and use it to record all sorts of info along the way; an address for a store or appointment, booking reference number for airline or train tickets, making notes of book titles and isbns when I find them on my travels and can't add them to my luggage, shopping lists - including those long term housewares you shop around for over time like photo frame or rug sizes, Xmas shopping lists, comparing prices when shopping around, dates and details for concerts that I see a poster for when I'm out, websites I see an add or reference for on the go, section of the knitting pattern I'm working on instead of carrying the book around, an idea for a painting or craft item if I don't have my sketchbook with me. Anything that I want to make a note of really, rather than having various bits of scrap paper floating around in my bag/wallet/desk/diary (and yes I am the last person on earth who doesn't own a smart phone - and likes to use stationery instead!).
 
Now I just need to rummage around and find some matching ribbon to attach as a page marker.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't covered books since school. I used to love that task! :-)
    What a fab idea to use those CK mag pages. I always cut them out and squirrel them away in my 'pretty things' collection. Now I know what I can do with them all! Thanks for the tip!
    Carly
    x
    By the way, it's great that you've started this blog!!! x

    ReplyDelete