Friday 14 June 2013

Welcome little Alexander

I always have to knit something for any friends that have a baby, just can't help myself. My preference is to always use Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, but in a continued effort to reduce my yarn stash, this time I used what I had on hand - Patons Dreamtime Fairytale 4 ply.

'Striped Hat' by Debbie Bliss, from Cashmerino 2
Patons Dreamtime Fairytale 4ply wool
I chose a bootie pattern from Caroline de Hugo's book 'Baby Booties - Eighteen Pretty Pairs to knit', I've used this pattern before, and although I like it, mine never look as good as the book - to be fair I've never made them from the same yarn so that could be a factor. I also seem to go wrong every time I make them too and have to pull back rows here and there. Despite their wonky look though, I still like them, mostly because they are not too frilly nor too old fashioned.

'Tiny Dancer' - by Caroline De Hugo
I'm sure there will be more knitting for little Mr Alexander, but for now these and the Crochet Garland are on their way to Australia as a 'Welcome' gift.


4 comments:

  1. They're SO cute! I love the little hat - looks like a pixie hat! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly, it's my all time favourite baby hat pattern, never fails to look cute.

      Delete
  2. I recognise the hat as the gumnut one you did for Gemma. Looks different done in the blues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the same pattern, I can't find that great gumnut one on line. This is a Debbie Bliss pattern which is similar, and I extend the little top knot a bit. Really loved those little gumnut hats!

      Delete