Friday 21 June 2013

A little knitting for me too

After a stream of knitting small gifts for others, I squeezed out a quick project for me too. Another which has been on my queue for quite sometime, and I had the yarn for in my stash. It's the wrong season here now - not that summer here in the UK has been exceptionally different from winter so far!

Its a snuggly, warm soft headband/earwarmer, perfect as I like to wear my hair up in buns which isn't a very hat friendly option. It also sits perfectly around my neck like a cowl, so I can see it being a very handy addition to my winter woollies. It will also be a bit easier to stuff in my bag than my big ear warmers on a headband.



I know it would make more sense if I modelled it, but I just didn't fancy it! There's lots of shots here on the Ravelry pattern page. The pattern is from Drops Design, '86-10 Headband in Alaska', which is available on their Website. 

I knitted mine with an equivalent yarn from my stash, and chose to use a needle size smaller than recommended which is why it has such a nice firm almost felted shape to it, and I think this will help stop it slipping on my hair too easily. As I have a head on the 'wow, really' end of the large scale, I had to add a number of extra rows to achieve a comfortable fit - which used up every last inch of the ball of yarn! 

Really must try and get some more knitting done for myself this year, socks and a shawl are on the queue. Meeting both the stashbusting, and new technique, personal goals for the year.

1 comment:

  1. This is fab! What an unusual design - and it looks so warm too.
    I can't believe you wouldn't do a bit of modelling, though!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete