Thursday 4 October 2012

If at first you don't succeed

Sometime ago I bought a Rowan boxed knit kit when it was on special (at normal price they are ridiculously overpriced for the contents). It's for a tweed finish Cable Snood and Fingerless mitts. Rather that's what I thought, now having read the fine print I see it only contains enough wool for one or the other.

It also contains the needles and pattern, or again, I presumed it did. It contains a pair of needles for the snood but the mittens need two other sizes (and the instructions are for two colour striped mittens?). So I set about making the tension square for the snood, for which the measurements are taken on the cabled pattern (note no cable needle included either). Two rounds into the pattern, mine didn't look anything like cabling. Pulled it back, started over, second time around, two rounds in and again it doesn't look like cabling?


Now I can cable, and usually like cabled patterns, they seem to grow quickly, but this one makes no sense - or cables as far as I can tell.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.......then swear, throw a grump, unpick it and go on Ravelry and find another pattern for the wool!

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand it when 'kits' don't give you what you need! It defeats the whole point of having a kit!!! How annoying!!! I've bever tried to do cables - not that brave yet!
    Looking forward to seeing the end results.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete