Wednesday 24 October 2012

Hasta manana 'til we meet again

I spent the end of last week in Stockholm, Sweden. I love Stockholm, so much water, nature, history and culture rolled into one city. Unlike the UK there are four distinct seasons too, and I have been lucky enough to visit in each, from needing sunblock to minus 20! I had such a fabulous time catching up with friends on this visit though that I'm afraid neither the knitting or sketchbook made it out of the suitcase!

I did revisit Djurgarden, one of my favourite spots, and the Thielske Gallery. I still get a little heart flutter seeing some original Degas and Lautrec. Yet in Autumn I think some of the best framed views in this gallery are the ones through the windows. We then planned to have a simple stroll around the island back to a coffee shop. Unfortunately we seemed to choose every path except the one that led to the coffee shop, which made for a gorgeous walk, only eventually finding the coffee shop after it closed.

So I thought I'd share a few photos of Stockholm in its Autumn glory.


Interior, Thielske Gallery

Interior, Thielske Gallery

Walking on Djurgarden

Djurgarden

View across to the Nordic Museum

View from top of Skansen across to the city

Djurgarden



So to quote ABBA, Hasta manana 'til we meet again.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment