Thursday 10 October 2013

Autumn goodness

I'm spending most of the month of October in Stockholm, and the city is beautiful at this time of year. The first two weeks of the month the weather was perfect for Autumn - cool but clear with warm sunshine, then a snap of crisp air as soon as the sun lowers. I took advantage of one of the sunnier days to visit Skansen.






Found a lovely spot of afternoon warmth for a bit of knitting. I'm working on 'Birch' by Rowan, but using a lace weight wool I purchased a while back in Stockholm, and Addi lace circulars. This took me a long time to get started, but it's moving along now.

The bear cubs were still out playing, they've grown so much since they were born! It's been such a priveledge to be able to visit frequently enough to watch their progress. I think hibernation must be just around the corner though.
It was a little too cold, or rather I wasn't inspired enough to draw despite the cold on the day, but had a bit of a sketch when I got back to the hotel room.


No comments:

Post a Comment