Wednesday 11 September 2013

Rowan Magazine 54

My Ravelry queue, and stash, are both already overflowing (the stash, literally!), yet after perusing Rowan Magazine 54 today....I just gotta get knitting more!


I love this 'Berenice Wrap' in kidsilk haze, although not sold that I would actually wear it. Maybe with a Cath Kidson twist? Knitting it in red, blue and pink? Maybe working stripes into the background?


This 'Corelli' cardi in 4ply wool is just the shaped jacket I've been searching for in the stores.


Really loving this 'Purcell' jacket, love the 1940's vibe, and I really enjoy knitting cables, it seems to make things grow so quickly. Again in 4ply so quite wearable. This one is definitely going in the queue.


The swing jacket style of "Bizet' looks like an easy wear, comfy winter layer. It's 4ply again (perfect, I last wore my one 8ply jumper 2 years ago over Easter, in Wales) Don't like the fact that the design is knitted in Anchor Artiste Metalic, which sounds a little itchy and 'bedazzled' for me. The Artiste Metalic is a very fine thread, so assume it's either carried along with the wool, or used doubled? Hopefully it can be substituted, I'm realist enough to not jump in and buy the pattern yet to find out, it's a fair way down my queue!

The one I definitely won't be making - 'Carmen'


What was the designer thinking with those giant gaps right at the bust? Bizarre

Sigh, my Ravelry queue keeps getting longer, and stash keeps getting larger, but why do none of them ever match up?

*all photos copyright Rowan

2 comments:

  1. Love the swing jacket pattern Lisa. Beautiful in it's 'simpleness' (if that is a word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swing jacket pattern Lisa. Beautiful in it's 'simpleness' (if that is a word)

    ReplyDelete