Thursday 4 April 2013

Little boy booties

I wanted to make some booties for a friends little boy, who is nine months old, as the weather back home in Australia starts to turn cooler. I didn't want something that looked too babyish though, and couldn't believe my luck when I found a ball of black baby wool in the discount bin - black baby wool, who knew they made such a thing? Considering it was in the discount bin and they are no longer stocking it, I'm guessing it hasn't been a big seller though.

I thought the Mary Jane style, although usually girly, would work as a 'shoe' that can be worn over a sock, for added crawling winter warmth and toe comfort.



The pattern is from Caroline de Hugo, Baby Booties - 18 Pretty pairs to knit, I love this book. For some reason I had awful trouble keeping track of the moss stitch, it was hard to see row by row in the black, so there was quite a bit of frogging.

I used black toggle style buttons to try and 'boy' them up a bit too. I'm really happy with them, just hope they fit and don't keep falling off with his commando crawling!

No comments:

Post a Comment