Wednesday 10 September 2014

Instagram Addiction

Hi, I just thought I should drop by and post something here about where I've moved onto.

Not to admit I have the attention span of a Goldfish, but I seem to have moved on from my former addiction to written blogs. I enjoyed writing the occasional post, and using the blog as a way to keep me on a creative track, but I didn't enjoy the constant frustrations of the disastrous relationship Blogger shares with the iPad. Even apps such as Blogsy only part help. Of course the Apple gods did supply a replacement, in the form of Podcast app, and Instagram.

Never having owned a smartphone previously, I'd never investigated Instagram, but I downloaded the app to the iPad and once I worked it out, I was hooked. Then getting a smartphone sealed the deal. Now no matter where I am, or what I'm doing, I can check in for a quick inspiration, or share some creative insight with others. I've had much more success interacting with others on Instagram too, Blogland always felt like I was writing a private journal, never knowing if anyone read it.

As for crafting Podcasts, I've learnt so much from some very talented, and very entertaining folk. Being a visual person myself I pick up so much more from a brief video display than a detailed written tutorial. The bonus is the number of knitters that also bring the funny. I've never yet knitted with other knitters, I'll knit in public no problem, but I'm yet to cross that threshold to brave attending a knitters group - its more about my complete terror of talking to strangers than anything. Yet when I sit and knit and watch Podcasts, its feels like I'm having having morning tea with friends. So the upside is I can knit and watch/listen, when I couldn't knit and read - the downside is if I ever meet any of these podcasters in real life, I'm sure to come off as a weird stalker type who thinks she's their best friend!

So on the off chance you had been lurking on my blog previously and wanted to see what I'm upto, or if you just stumbled here today, you can catch up with my artsy craftsy stuff on;

Instagram - elkerokkas


or Facebook - Sloyd Happens


Keep crafting x 

No comments:

Post a Comment