Thursday 18 July 2013

Stockholm Natural History Museum

As glorious as the Summer weather was being in Stockholm, there were inevitably a couple of cloudy days in there, so I headed out to the Stockholm Natural History Museum for a visit. There was an exhibition on about the human body, aimed at kids, but some great displays. I would have liked to have drawn a display which included various animal and human skeletons posed in and around a tree structure. Unfortunately there was no where to quietly place myself and do it as there were kids running everywhere, so I sought the quieter corners of the museum for a sketch. 

sketchbook
Haren
I've sketched all these guys before, but still enjoy drawing them again.

sketchbook elk moose
Elk

sketchbook, stockholm natural history museum
Elk
I've been drawing Elk quite a bit at Skansen lately, and think I'm finally getting their faces down, but the ears are still hit and miss, I think it's because they are just much bigger than you expect proportionally. Go a little wrong on an Elk sketch and you have a horse, or a cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment