Wednesday 13 February 2013

Stockholm Natural History Museum

I decided to head for warm shelter today, and revisited Stockholm Natural History Museum. I took along my black paper Moleskin and pastel pencils for a bit more practice.


First stop the bird displays, the pastel pencils seem to lend themselves well to the softness of feathers. The added bonus is that the museum was full of kids, schools looking for warm outings in winter too, and most kids just run straight past the bird displays so it was about the quietest area I could fine.


This one was under pressure as I knew closing time was coming, really just should have focused on the snow leopard head and that beautiful hare. I drew the hare first and then lost interest the further into the leopard body I got.

Incredibly those two pages, a coffee stop, and a general wander seeking out what to draw represent a four hour visit at the museum! 

As always, during the winter months, the walk through the snow back to the nearest tunnelbana [subway train] was breathtakingly, forehead numbingly cold!





No comments:

Post a Comment